Sam Brownell, founder and CEO of CUCollaborate, will review everything you need to know in this in-depth discussion of chartering and field of membership and how that impacts growth and what to do about it. You’ll also discover why all Louisiana Credit Unions Should have a Federal Multiple Common Bond Charter.
During this FREE two hour session you will learn how field of membership impacts consumers, how to construct your field of membership to support growth, and how to configure your service network and digital channels to mitigate the impact field of membership has on your ability to grow.
- An Overview of Credit Union Chartering and Field of Membership Options
- State v Federal Charters
- Single Common bond
- Trade, Industry, and Profession (TIP)
- Community Charter
- Well defined communities, rural districts, single political jurisdictions
- Narrative applications
- Low Income Communities
- How to Obtain an Associational Path to Membership as a Community Chartered Credit Union
- Multiple Common Bond Charter
- Adding Groups – Including “Open” Associations
- Underserved Areas
- Low-income designations, underserved areas, and economically distressed areas (CDFI) and why you need to know what these terms mean
- Why Community Charters Are Dead in Louisiana
- A discussion of how field of membership impacts new member acquisition channels differently and how to construct your field of membership, service networks, technology, and marketing strategies to mitigate its negative impact.
- How field of membership impacts new members in branch, online, and through indirect channels.
- How to setup you field of membership to best support your strategic goals taking into account this information.
- How to change your service network and digital technology stack to support your field of membership and new member acquisition strategies.
This session is being offered as a benefit of your membership with LCUL.
About the Presenter:
Sam Brownell has worked in the credit union industry for over ten years. He founded CUCollaborate to support his mission of helping credit unions beat banks. Sam is an expert in credit union growth strategies, chartering, field of membership, low-income designation attainment & retention, CDFI certification, new member acquisition, and digital banking. Sam often presents to credit union boards and at industry events including at CUNA, NAFCU, and State League events, as well as at Finovate and other conferences focused on technology and digital banking