The Louisiana Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) is our premier advocacy event of the year, providing the opportunity to seek and understand the political environment facing credit unions. GAC attendees will have opportunities to hear from knowledgeable voices in the credit union movement.
Not only are we bringing back yearly favorites like Jeff Brooks and Rob Rieger from Adams and Reese LLP, but attendees will also hear from Lt. Governor, Billy Nugessor as well as the chairs of the Senate and House Commerce Committees. Below is the schedule for the event.
- 9:00 AM – Welcome/Annual Report Introduction
- 9:10 AM – Interactive introduction: How to find your Legislator
- 9:20 AM – Rob Rieger – Louisiana Update – Current Focus
- 9:50 AM – 10 Min Break – Virtual Legislative Contact Opportunity
- 10:00 AM – Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser – Department Update
- 10:30 AM – Senate Commerce Chair Johns/House Commerce Chair Davis – State of Committee/Q&A
- 11:00 AM – Jeff Brooks – National Update – Credit Union Focus
- 11:30 AM – NCUA Regional Director Keith Morton – NCUA Update/Q&A