ULEND Academy is a lending game changer. No more wasted hours in classes with great ideas that are hard to implement in real life! ULEND Academy is an intimate, capacity controlled 2 day hands-on, customized experience that propels lenders from transactional to consultative, meeting members' full financial needs. The curriculum utilizes a “learn, discuss, apply” approach that guides lenders from foundational to advanced skill levels in all lending channels and across all stages of the loan process - origination, underwriting, and closing - with cross-selling, consultation, and compliance woven throughout.
Get ready to empower your lenders to create and keep loyal members through an exceptional member experience!
- Recognize & identify personal styles for comfortable member interaction
- Deliver targeted communications for appropriate context
- Recognize opportunities for smart risks
- Utilize the 5 C’s of credit when analyzing the loan application
- Formulate alternatives that impact the loan decisions
Plan & Prep
- Utilize the information from your core system
- Identify what to look for to analyze the needs of your member
- Prepare when there is no time to plan
Present the Right Solution
- Build personalized packages for your member’s needs & life stages
- Find ways to say yes to the member
- Uncover member needs with targeted questioning strategies
- Identify the life stages & goals of your members
- Review the credit report & positively influence the member’s score
Close with Purpose
- Personalize the experience to the unique needs of the member
- Make appropriate referrals and set expectations for future opportunities
Structure the Loan
- Calculate & effectively use basic ratios that apply in lending
- Identify the 5 C’s of credit that translate to risk
- Use compensating factors to build an approved loan for all members
- Apply the skills immediately during hands on learning
- Receive immediate feedback from real-time coaching* (see opportunity below)
- Discuss how member experience applies across the various lending channels
Every lender (whether new or seasoned veterans) underwriters and department leaders! ULEND Academy is a unique lending experience aimed at helping all lenders, from all levels and various experiences get better at what they do every day.
$599 per attendee for this day and a half program*
*For those applying for a grant, the value of the food and beverage and course materials is $60 and cannot be deducted from the registration fee.(Note: SBET grants are currently only being approved for events held inside Louisiana)
At ULend Academy, table coaches play a key role in the overall success of the workshop. Table coaches are program participants that play an extra role for which we provide a 50% discount on your registration fee in appreciation of the assistance.
Requirements: Lending/Underwriting experience; General knowledge of lending policies; Experience with coaching to performance; Ability to perform multiple roles within the workshop, Attendance from start to finish.
Responsibilities: Score team activities accurately and objectively; Provide feedback and motivate learners to remain engaged; Identify opportunities for improvement.
Preparation: Watch table coach Brainshark video; Review tools and resources; View Table Coach Webinar – all provided in advance of workshop.
Email Jody Brooks if you are interested in being a table coach.
Baton Rouge, exact location TBA