ULEND Academy is a lending game changer. No more wasted hours in classes with great ideas that are hard to implement in real life! ULEND Academy is an intimate, capacity controlled two day hands-on, customized experience that propels lenders from transactional to consultative, meeting members' full financial needs. The curriculum utilizes a “learn, discuss, apply” approach that guides lenders from foundational to advanced skill levels in all lending channels and across all stages of the loan process - origination, underwriting, and closing - with cross-selling, consultation, and compliance woven throughout.
Get ready to empower your lenders to create and keep loyal members through an exceptional member experience!
Watch this brief video to understand why ULEND Academy is the solution you have been looking for!
- Recognize & identify personal styles for comfortable member interaction
- Deliver targeted communications for appropriate context
Plan & Prep
- Utilize the information from your core system
- Identify what to look for to analyze the needs of your member
- Prepare when there is no time to plan
- Uncover member needs with targeted questioning strategies
- Identify the life stages & goals of your members
- Review the credit report & positively influence the member’s score
Structure the Loan
- Calculate & effectively use basic ratios that apply in lending
- Identify the 5 C’s of credit that translate to risk
- Use compensating factors to build an approved loan for all members
- Recognize opportunities for smart risks
- Utilize the 5 C’s of credit when analyzing the loan application
- Formulate alternatives that impact the loan decisions
Present the Right Solution
- Build personalized packages for your member’s needs & life stages
- Find ways to say yes to the member
Close with Purpose
- Personalize the experience to the unique needs of the member
- Apply the skills immediately during hands on learning
- Receive immediate feedback from real-time coaching* (see opportunity below)
- Discuss how member experience applies across the various lending channels
Every lender (whether new or seasoned veterans) underwriters and department leaders! ULEND Academy is a unique lending experience aimed at helping all lenders, from all levels and various experiences get better at what they do every day.
$599 per student. Registration fee includes course materials.
NOTE: SBET grants are currently only being approved for events held in Louisiana.
At ULend Academy, table coaches play a key role in the overall success of the workshop. Table coaches are program participants that play an extra role for which we provide a discount in appreciation of the assistance. (Spaces are limited)
Requirements: Lending/Underwriting experience; General knowledge of lending policies; Experience with coaching to performance; Ability to perform multiple roles within the workshop, Attendance from start to finish.
Responsibilities: Score team activities accurately and objectively; Provide feedback and motivate learners to remain engaged; Identify opportunities for improvement.
Preparation: Watch table coach Brainshark video; Review tools and resources; View Table Coach Webinar – all provided in advance of workshop.
If you are selected as a table coach, you will receive 50% off your registration fee. Email our Education Department if you are interested in being a table coach. Please include which location you would like to be a coach at.
June 25 & 26: Neighbors FCU Plaza, 8245 YMCA Plaza Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 *Note the Plaza building is behind Neighbors FCU main branch at 12529 Perkins Rd.
LCUL is not holding a room block at a hotel for this program. The Residence Inn by Marriott on 10333 N Mall Dr, Baton Rouge is within a 5 minute drive to the training center.
Registration is currently full. To be placed on our waitlist, contact our Education Department.