LCUL and MSCUA once again have collaborated to bring all our credit union volunteers a conference that provides powerful peer-networking and top quality educational sessions! Attending this conference will help Supervisory Committee Members and Board Directors gain knowledge, build confidence and feel empowered in your roles through a combination of joint general sessions and role-specific breakout sessions.
From start to finish, our agenda is filled with relevant educational programming and plenty of peer to peer networking time while enjoying the comfort and amenities of the Beau Rivage Resort.
Educational session overview:
- BSA for Directors and Volunteers – Cheryl Oggs
- CECL: Implementation/Practice Considerations and the Role of The BOD and Supervisory Committee – Cynthia R. Walker
- Board Governance Essentials: Becoming a Better Board/Committee Member - Kevin Smith
- The Disaster Experience: A Mock Disaster Exercise - Bob Mellinger
- NCUA Examinations and Hot Issues – NCUA
- Everything I Needed to Know About Teamwork and Leadership I learned in the Marching Band - Kevin Smith
- Ethical Leadership for the 21st Century – Cynthia Cooper
- And role-focused breakout sessions:
- Supervisory Committee Reality Check - Susie Fair
- Best Practices of the Modern Credit Union Board – Kevin Smith
Sessions begin at 3:00 pm Sunday June 16 and conference concludes 10:30 am Tuesday June 18.
Your educational investment is $475 for conference participants and $125 for registered guests.
(Guest registration includes Sunday evening reception, 2 breakfast buffets, 1 lunch buffet & afternoon breaks.)
*Note: Pre & post conference nights and upgraded room types may be available at higher rate. Room block will close on May 28 or earlier if the block sells out.
*Note: You will be taken to the Mississippi CU Association’s website to register.