BRECO Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and hands-on financial professional for its accountant position.
- A minimum of 5 years of general accounting and financial analysis in a credit union or bank.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance and experience interacting with regulators.
- Experienced in all areas of financial reporting including 5300s.
- Solid “people” skills to interact with vendors and examiners.
- A BS-Accounting or equivalent combination of experience and education. The Accountant will assume responsibilities for GL reconciliation and journal entries, accounts payable/receivable, and financial reporting of the Credit Union.
Responsible for the daily operation of the credit union’s accounting and financial functions and for significant contributions to the administration of credit union-wide policies and business goals. Performs accounting and financial analyses and establishes and maintains internal accounting controls.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures and ensures they support and complement credit union-wide strategic goals.
- Assumes responsibility for developing, recommending, and implementing internal accounting and financial controls
- Oversees payment of the credit union’s suppliers and vendors.
- Conducts financial research and analysis. Provides recommendations to Senior Management.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective maintenance and reporting of financial records.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, annual, and other financial reports and statements as requested.
- Coordinates audits of the credit union’s financial statements with internal and external auditors.
- Ensures governmental filings are accurate and timely.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors, and regulators.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Financial and accounting statements, records, and reports are accurate and timely. Management is provided useful information and is appropriately informed.
- Financial and accounting functions are conducted in accordance with established principles, standards, and legal requirements. Procedures and policies are modified and updated as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Thorough understanding of financial and accounting practices, procedures, and regulations. Understanding of information systems. Thorough knowledge of the credit union’s products, history, and organizational objectives.
Five years of related progressive experience. Experience working with high performing teams and contributions to senior management.
Solid organizational and analytical abilities. Ability to operate related computer applications such as modeling software, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc. Ability to develop and complete reports and research on time. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Excellent communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.