Project Zip Code
Project Zip Code (PZC) is a secure program that counts your credit union members and matches them by congressional district, state legislative district and county. These numbers are uploaded to CUNA's Project Zip Code website and combined with data from credit unions nationwide. This data aids in federal and state advocacy efforts, and is useful to credit unions interested in ATM expansion or shared branching.
Your information is completely secure with Project Zip Code. In fact, only the number of credit union members is transmitted to the Project Zip Code national database. Specific member data cannot be viewed by anyone outside your organization. The master census that results from credit unions running PZC helps demonstrate the strength of credit union membership across the nation.
This simple program directly benefits your credit union by strengthening the position or the credit union movement as we build relationships with legislators. In years past, we could only estimate the number of credit union members in Louisiana districts; Project Zip Code will allow the League to pinpoint exactly how many members reside in all areas of the state, lending us more influence when dealing with legislators. For example, saying "226,000 credit union members live and vote in your district" has more impact than saying "12 credit unions are in your district."
Important information about Project Zip Code:
- Project Zip Code, activated through an Internet connection, provides CUNA and the Louisiana Credit Union League with summary reports of membership strength by state and federal legislative districts.
- The program maintains the security and privacy of your member data. It collects/counts only zip codes from your database information, and does not infringe on member privacy. All data remains on your network.
- In addition to matching members’ zip codes with state and federal legislative districts, Project Zip Code can help you to plan future branches, ATMs and other service facilities.
- Credit unions that have participated in Project Zip Code tests report that the software is simple and user-friendly.
PZC Helpful Information:
- PZC User’s Manual
- Queries & Reports User’s Manual
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PZC Privacy Statement
- Install & Upload Webinar Archive
- Queries & Reports Webinar Archive
For further information, contact Angela Gervais at (800) 452-7221 ext. 3009.Go to main navigation