State Governmental affairs Conference
April 10th and 11th
The Louisiana credit union movement is a powerful and effective advocacy force. Our advocacy starts with the close, personal relationships we’ve collectively built with lawmakers and policymakers at all levels of government.
The 2018 State Governmental Affairs Conference is your chance to build relationships and share your credit union’s story with some of the most influential figures in state government. You’ll have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with leading lawmakers who have the power to shape the future of our statewide movement. You’ll also hear important legislative updates and engage in meaningful networking with your peers from across the state!
So be an advocate for our future, your future and the future of the credit union movement at the 2018 #StateGAC!
National Governmental Affairs Conference
Click the banner image above to register to attend the CUNA GAC and see conference information!
Functions for Louisiana Attendees
During the CUNA GAC, in addition to Hill visits with our Congressional Delegation, the League has planned the following activities for Louisiana attendees:
Sunday, February 25th – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Welcome Reception in the Louisiana Credit Union League Hospitality Suite, (The Grand Hyatt Hotel). Suite #176
Monday, February 26th - 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Group Lunch & Legislative Briefing with Jeff Brooks, Adams & Reese LLP
- Acadiana Restaurant is located across the street from the Convention Center. We will meet at the restaurant for lunch and our legislative briefing.
- Acadiana is a contemporary Louisiana fish house, the only restaurant in the nation's capital to serve Louisiana cuisine at a heightened level of elegance.
- Business Casual attire
- $95 per person
- Transportation – On your own
Tuesday, February 27 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- 'Poboys & Politics' in the Louisiana Credit Union League Hospitality Suite
Wednesday, February 28th - Noon – 4 pm
- LA Delegation Visits - Rayburn House Office Building Suite 2167, 45 Independence Ave SW
- Note, the Capitol Visitors Center does offer food court/cafeteria style dining options if you wish to arrive prior to visits and have lunch.
- Business Attire
- Transportation – On your own
- 1:00 pm: Representative Higgins
- 1:30 pm: Representative Graves
- 1:45 pm: Representative Abraham
- 2:00 pm: Senator Cassidy
- 2:20 pm: Senator Kennedy
- 2:30 pm: Representative Johnson
- 3:00 pm: Staffer from Representative Scalise's Office
- Check back for schedule updates/additions.
Louisiana Credit Union Hospitality Suite #118 – Various Dates/Times TBA
Important Information for attendees
- Advocacy Briefing 2018
- GAC Congressional Meeting Outline
- S.2155 - Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief & Consumer Protection Act
- ADA Litigation and Compliance
Tax Exemption Forms
- Letter of Exemption for Federal Credit Unions (NCUA)
- Sales Tax Exemption for Federal & State Credit Unions (Louisiana Dept of Revenue)
For information on booking a hotel room, please contact Angela Gervais.Go to main navigation