Financial Counselor Training & Certification Program
Are you ready to join the ranks of the 200+ Certified Financial Counselors currently serving Louisiana's Credit Union Members?
Our new program will kick off in January 2017, with some BIG changes to make it more streamlined and user friendly for students! Those who successfully complete the program and exams will earn their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) Designation.
We have taken feedback from prior seasons and worked diligently with CUNA to bring you a new enhanced and more student-friendly program!
Some enhancements include:
- Fewer exams (only 2 tests now instead of 8 from prior years)
- New books rewritten from an updated perspective
- In-Person training to include role playing & Best Practices from CU’s with successful programs
- Learn to create effective tracking programs
- Materials & starter kits to give to your members
FiCEP Schedule (all webinars are at 10:00 am)
- Orientation Webinar: Tues, Jan 10
- Introduction to Financial Counseling: Tues, Jan 17
- Financial Counseling Essentials: Thurs, Jan 24
- Special Issues in Financial Counseling: Tues, Feb 7
- Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling: Tues, Feb 14
Part 1 In-person Training/Testing Session: Mar 7 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (exact location TBA)
- Taxes, Insurance, and Investments: Tues, Mar 21
- Controlling Expenses: Tues, Mar 28
- Money, Attitudes & Behaviors: Tues, Apr 11
- Retirement & Personal Financial Preparedness: Tues, Apr 18
Part 2 In-person Training/Testing Session: May 2 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (exact location TBA)
All testing is done online to allow students to receive their grades instantly & privately. Students must have access to a laptop computer or tablet with wireless internet connectivity capabilities.
$975 per student. Registrations received after December 16th will not guarantee arrival of course material prior to the first webinar.