|The 2018 session of the Southeast Regional Credit Union School (SRCUS) wrapped up in June on the University of Georgia campus. Louisiana was well represented by fourteen professionals from twelve different credit unions at the three-year program.
We extend our congratulations to the four Louisiana students in the 2018 graduating class:
- Angie Baker, Heart of Louisiana FCU
- Ashley Neal, Pelican State CU
- Pegeen Singley, Centric FCU
- Yolanda Whitmore, Neighbors FCU
Second year students also apply the knowledge gained from the on-site sessions to written projects that require strategic analysis of their credit unions while Third year students write and present whitepapers focused on relevant issues facing the credit union industry.
Additionally, Louisiana had two award winners this year:
- Second year student Stefanie Lux of Ascension CU received Honors of Excellence on her analysis project of Ascension.
- Third year graduate Yolanda Whitmore of Neighbors FCU was part of an Honors of Excellence award winning whitepaper team for "Violence in the Credit Union Workplace".
Yolanda walked away from her SRCUS experience feeling inspired and found herself quoting William Arthur Ward "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
If you're looking to get inspired, go to www.srcus.org to find out more. Registration for the class of 2021 will open in February of next year.
SRCUS 2018 - Pictured Left to Right from top:
- Darrin Bouchon, Jefferson Parish Emp. FCU (Class of 2019)
- Dishawn Richard, Orleans Parish Criminal Sheriff's Office
(Class of 2019)
- Kim Murphy, Monroe Telco FCU (Class of 2019)
- Mary Jordan, ASI FCU (Class of 2019)
- Derrick Chambless - Centric FCU (Class of 2020)
- Ashley Neal, Pelican State CU (Class of 2018)
- Tara Breaux, Maple FCU (Class of 2019)
- Pegeen Singley, Centric FCU (Class of 2018)
- Aleisha Hall, Iberville FCU (Class of 2020)
- Amy KIdder, University of Louisiana FCU (Class of 2020)
- Angela Baker, Heart of Louisiana FCU (Class of 2018)
- Valarie Montgomery, Heart of Louisiana FCU (Class of 2020)
- Stefanie Lux, Ascension CU (Class of 2019)
- Jody Brooks, LCUL (SRCUS Staff/Class Advisor for 2020)
- Yolanda Whitmore, Neighbors FCU (Class of 2018)