Louisiana & Cornerstone Leagues Member Business Services Council
The Member Business Services Council (MBSC) serves credit union professionals within the states of Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas who are currently engaged in offering member business services, including business lending, or are exploring the possibility of offering services to business members. The council provides opportunities for members to network with peers, share best practices, address issues concerning credit unions, and learn from experts in their professional field.
Members of the MBSC must be paid staff from credit unions affiliated with either the Louisiana Credit Union League or the Cornerstone Credit Union League, credit union service organizations, other credit union related organizations or the Leagues. Annual membership dues are $100 for the first member from each credit union and $75 for each additional person from the same credit union.
Member benefits include the following:
- Access to the Council’s password-protected website
- Sample policies, job descriptions, articles, research, and more
- Discounts to education & training programs (see below for more information)
The overall direction for the MBSC is provided by the Advisory Committee. Members of the advisory committee include the following:
- Eddie Vollenweider, Neighbors FCU, Vice President Business Services - Chairperson
- Deanna Geisler, Barksdale FCU, Commercial Services Officer - Vice Chairperson
- Linda Jeffrey, TruService Community FCU, President/CEO
- Scott Humphreys, Amplify FCU, Vice President of Business Lending
- Brian Gebard, Oklahoma Employees Credit Union, SVP/Chief Lending Officer
- Peter Hays, ANECA FCU, Chief Performance Officer
- Jay Noel, Campus FCU, Chief Lending Officer
- Cami Crouchet, Louisiana Credit Union League, Executive Vice President - League Staff Liaison
- Michael A. Delker, Cornerstone Credit Union League, SVP Credit Union Relations - League Staff Liaison
If you are interested in joining the MBSC, click here to complete your membership application online.
Upcoming Educational Opportunities
April 28-30, 2015 - CU Business Lending Bootcamp (Dallas)
Member Business Account Opening 101 (handouts)
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) for Member Business Loan (Training On Demand)
Providing Loans to Small Businesses (Self-Study Course)
Is business the business of credit unions? The challenges and opportunities of business lending and business services (Archived Webinar)