Recovery RESOURCES: After a Disaster
FOR Credit Unions
- FEMA Information for Lenders
- LCUL/Labarre Associates Branch Re-Opening Checklist
- Campaign Resources for CU AID - Web Buttons, Banners, Logos, and sample promotional letters
- Hardship Distributions from 401(k)s for Flood Victims – deadline is 1/17/17
Handling Loan Extension Request After a Disaster - Questions Answered
Sample Language to Educate Your Members about Insurance Proceeds
Credit unions might consider posting the following information on their websites and in their branch locations to help prepare members for restrictions involving insurance checks.
Notice to Members Regarding Insurance Proceeds
In cases where ABC Credit Union has a secured interest in the property, insurance checks may be made payable jointly to you and to ABC Credit Union. We may not make the proceeds immediately available. You should contact us at xxx-xxx-xxxx for instructions on how to endorse the check, and to find out about any holds that may be placed on the proceeds.
- Hurricane Recovery: Getting the Most from Your Homeowners Insurance
- Summary of Federal Aid for Flood Victims
- Red Cross Flood Relief Page – learn about resources available to flood victims
- SSA Emergency Information Page – how to access Social Security Administration services during an emergency.
- Disaster Assistance from Disaster.gov – provides disaster survivors with information, support services, and a means to access and apply for disaster assistance through a variety of partners.
- FEMA Claims Handbook – instructions for property owners with flood insurance on filing a claim with the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- FEMA Information for Property Owners – a variety of information for property owners with flood insurance policies
- Louisiana Appleseed - Help for Disaster Victims without Clear Legal Title to Their Properties
- Lost Document Recovery - Listing of resources to obtain copies of documents that may have been destroyed due to the flood.
United Policyholders: Invaluable Links to Insurance Recovery Information
- Flood Recovery & Insurance - Getting Started
- Flood Insurance Claim Tips
- NFIP Proof of Loss, Damage Estimates, and Supplemental Claims
- Flood Insurance Claim Deadlines
- Resolving Flood Insurance Disputes
- The "Dirt" on Insurance Protection for Mud Flow Damage
- Speak UP: How to communicate with your insurance company
- Mold Damage Guide - Information and resources about mold damage
- National Disaster Legal Aid
- Disaster Legal Services (American Bar Association)
- Free legal assistance for Louisiana flood victims
*LCUL does not endorse all of the providers listed. We are simply passing along any resources that are sent to us on your behalf.
Go to main navigation