At ASI Federal Credit Union, we share a passion for delivering exceptional service. Your primary role will involve building relationships with our members, offering personalized solutions and identifying opportunities to help them achieve financial success. If you thrive in an environment with team members who truly enjoy what they do, then ASI is the place for you! Voted four years in a row as one of the Top 40 Places to Work by the Times Picayune, we offer: Competitive Compensation, Impressive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Time, and more. Interested? Become part of the ASI team that believes exceptional service defines the core of who we are.
Scope: ASI Federal Credit Union selects employees who love to learn, have a passion for helping the people in their community. Passionately display a desire to build rapport and expand relationships with members.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: A branch manager is responsible for efficient, effective supervision of a full-service branch office, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Branch managers must be available to make business calls and represent the credit union at civic and community functions. The branch manager conducts daily business interactions and maintains constant alignment with ASI’s core values and behaviors. Encourages others to act with mission, culture and core values in mind at all times. Initiative and judgment are required in the absence of specific direction from management. Ensures value through decision making that supports credit union goals and interests.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ensure that the branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day.
- Delegate various operational duties, but assume overall administrative responsibility for operation the branch.
- Keep Area Retail Manager informed of department's activities, needs, and problems.
- Able to leverage Technology within the XP system.
- Analyze, justify, and recommend changes in operations to enhance productivity.
- Manage and follow security and safety procedures, with responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures, and to alert staff of any changes.
- Ensures that the branch cash is in handled under dual control, verified for accuracy, and that the branch vault is in balance at the close of each business day. Ensures that the branch balances all transactions at the close of each business day.
- Cross-train assigned personnel in all products and services offered at the credit union to ensure quality service to members and to develop staff for growth opportunities.
- Manage and research employee outages and authorize any adjustments for correction when necessary.
- Conduct “surprise” audits as required by Director of Risk Management.
- Process member loan applications and approve as outlined in credit union policy.
- Maintain knowledge of the state and federal regulations that guide compliance regarding transactions
- Work with Risk Management to ensure compliance with internal controls in accuracy and branch record keeping.
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding credit union members are kept confidential.
- Responsible for notifying Facilities of branch general maintenance and equipment repair needs.
- Maintain the security of the work area and keep it organized and neat in appearance.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff through coaching. Drive results through established strategic goals (KPI).
- Encourage and develop cooperation among staff members to ensure a "team effort" and commitment to the established Service Expectations.
- A Branch Manager is perceived as a positive role model. Leads by example, takes initiative, and is open to change.
- Create a positive and consistent attitude in your Branch by taking ownership through staff development, owning issues and following up when necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Hold weekly staff meetings to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services and to present general information.
- Identify problems, research and analyze issues from different perspectives.
- Conduct performance evaluation and salary review meetings with subordinate staff.
- Ensure that employees are accountable for meeting performance standards and addressing staff when not meeting standards.
- Participate in continuing education as approved by Area Retail Manager or Retail Operations Manager.
- Performs such tasks as may be assigned by his/her supervisor, which is commensurate with the position.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Holds self and others accountable for professional and ethical behavior as defined by ASI Federal Credit Union’s mission, culture, and values. Continually works to expand knowledge of what goes on in other parts of the credit union.
- Communicates with clarity and direction, and provides frequent exchange of direct, consistent, constructive feedback. Resolves conflict, recommends solutions and monitors their progress. Maintains positive relationships, shares credit for accomplishments, celebrates success of others, and takes responsibility for mistakes.
- Promote and maintain a positive image of the credit union to assigned personnel, members, and the community.
- Maintain professional, respectful, persuasive communication and a courteous attitude when working will internal and external members.
- Keeps promises and commitments, earns and maintains trust of others by acting consistently with words and actions. Is direct and truthful by providing straight, honest feedback. Keeps confidence, and is dedicated to the highest standards of integrity, honesty and trust.
- Abides by ASI FCU’s commitment to a Sales and Service Culture. Works toward meeting sales goals and service commitments (KPI), and external and internal core behaviors.
- Agrees to stay informed on ASI’s products and services in order to provide the right product to the right member at the right time for the right reason.
- Participate in community outreach by volunteering to work at the different volunteer opportunities presented throughout each year.
- Actively market SEG membership to businesses in the branch manager’s immediate territory. Participate in SEG sign ups with Business Development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business preferred, or a minimum of 5 years in a management position in a financial or retail institution may be substituted.
- Established history of working well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a necessity. Candidate must possess the ability to read and write effectively.
- Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be available to work Monday thru Saturday during normal business hours open to close.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Passion for customer service.
- Well-organized and flexible.
- Committed to a long-term career with ASI Federal Credit Union.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, view customer information, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. ASIFCU is an EOE/M/F/Disability/Veteran