ASI Federal Credit Union selects employees who love to learn and have a passion for helping the people in their community. Passionately display a desire to build rapport and expand relationships with members.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: A Telephone Service Representative (TSR) is responsible for creating an exceptional experience for each member that they encounter. TSRs set the standard of service for our members from the time that they answer a call and each time that they assist a member by answering questions, educating a member on processes and procedures, helping a member solve a problem, correcting errors and following up with members. A TSR conducts daily business interactions and maintains constant alignment with ASI mission, culture and core values. Encourages others to act with mission, culture and core values in mind at all times. Initiative and judgment are required in the absence of specific direction from management. Ensures value through decision making that supports credit union goals and interests.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Call Center Operations:
- Responsible for having consultative conversations with members, listening, analyzing data and offer services suited specifically for that member.
- Responsible for taking ownership in member issues, researching to resolve any issues and following up with the member as necessary.
- Understands the established policies and procedures for membership and account opening and loan services.
- Responsible for having a working knowledge of all documents as it pertains to membership and account opening and loan services. Must know how to obtain the information and be able to explain disclosures properly to the member.
- Interview members applying for loans and enter complete information for quick and efficient loan decisioning.
- Understands, can explain and offer loan protection products: Credit Life, Disability, GAP and MRC.
- Understands basic information for IRA accounts and can obtain information utilizing Ascensus to provide accurate IRA information to the member regarding various legal requirements.
- Fully understands how to properly complete documents for accuracy as it relates to disputes, account changes, and any other form related to membership changes.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal regulations that guide compliance regarding transactions.
- Has an expert working knowledge of online/mobile banking, bill payer, debit card and credit card services. Can educate members on using these services and assist members with solving problems related to these services.
- Keep department management informed of needs, and/or problems.
- Able to leverage Technology within the XP system
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding credit union members are kept confidential.
- Maintain the security of the work area and keep it organized and neat in appearance.
- Performs the duties of a Teller, MSR and/or Financial Advocate as needed.
- Encourage and develop cooperation among peer members to ensure a "team effort" and commitment to the established Service Expectations.
- A Telephone Service Representative is perceived as a positive role model. Leads by example, takes initiative, and is open to change.
- Help create a positive and consistent attitude in your branch by owning issues and following up when necessary.
- Participate in continuing education as approved by Call Center Management, Area Retail Manager or Director of Retail Banking.
- Performs such tasks as may be assigned by his/her supervisor, which is commensurate with the position.
- Holds self and others accountable for professional and ethical behavior as defined by ASI Federal Credit Union’s mission, culture, and values. Continually works to expand knowledge of what goes on in other parts of the credit union.
- Communicates with clarity and direction, and provides frequent exchange of direct, consistent, constructive feedback. Resolves conflict, recommends solutions and monitors their progress. Maintains positive relationships, shares credit for accomplishments, celebrates success of others, and takes responsibility for mistakes.
- Promote and maintain a positive image of the credit union to peers, members, and the community.
- Maintain professional, respectful, persuasive communication and a courteous attitude when working will internal and external members.
- Keeps promises and commitments, earns and maintains trust of others by acting consistently with words and actions. Is seen as direct and truthful by providing straight, honest feedback. Keeps confidence, and is dedicated to the highest standards of integrity, honesty and trust.
- Abides by ASI FCU’s commitment to a Sales and Service Culture. Works toward meeting sales goals and service commitments (KPI), and external and internal core behaviors.
- Agrees to stay informed on ASI’s products and services in order to provide the right product to the right member at the right time for the right reasons.
- Participate in community outreach by volunteering to work at the different volunteer opportunities presented throughout each year.
- Actively market SEG membership to businesses in the branch manager’s immediate territory. Participate in SEG sign ups with Business Development as needed.
- Established history of working well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a necessity. Candidate must possess the ability to read and write effectively.
- Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with others
- Must be available to work Monday thru Saturday during normal business hours open to close.
- A high school diploma, some college preferred; and two to three years of experience in a financial institution or retail institution.
- Proven track record in cross-selling products and services
- Successful completion of the credit union's Member Services Representative training program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, view customer information, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ASIFCU is an EOE/M/F/Disability/Veteran
Interested candidates should click here to apply.