This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
The areas of responsibility as it relates to the Loan Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
Correspond with members in person, telephone, and internet. Assist members with loan application completion.
Review and analyze all loan applications. Familiarize members with terms and conditions of loan application procedures, including all collateral held, payment amounts, dates, and methods of repayment.
Obtain and maintain accurate filing in data processing system for the necessary supporting documents (credit bureau ratings and reports, titles, insurance, etc.)
Loan Processing (Including VISA)
- Process daily the loan applications submitted through the Loan-by-Phone System, by mail, walk-ins and the Internet.
- Check application and all supporting documentation for correctness; analyze members’ current financial status to determine the type of loan best suits their needs; assure that all loan and support documents meet checklist requirements.
- Approve or deny loan applications, and where applicable, prepare and mail denial notices or counteroffers to members.
- Process and review credit bureau reports pulled from the Equifax system.
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans.
- Determine eligibility of loan co-maker from co-maker’s statement and credit rating.
- Complete loan documents and disburse loan proceeds when approved.
- Assist members with discrepancies relating to current credit bureau reports, calculate current dept to income ratio, verify current proof of income, and determine debt to income ratio after new loan payment is calculated.
- Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Assist members regarding any discrepancies relating to outstanding loans (loan due dates and payroll deduction amount).
- Cross-cell CUNA Mutual products related to credit insurance products and other lending products.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management’s directives.
Department of Motor Vehicles
Determine and take steps necessary to maintain Auto Title files to assure proper title conveyance, insurance and process UCC-1 form to auto dealer as required.
Member Loan Folders
Maintain all members’ loan folders with all required documentation and supporting papers
Loans Paid in Full
Mail all secured notes and security agreements, with appropriate security, when loan is paid in full; process paid unsecured notes
Auto and Home Owners Insurance
Monitor renewals and cancellations, notifying member in writing of cancellation. Update data processing system.
Assist when and where needed as the work requires.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.