BRECO FCU is seeking an energetic and hands-on professional for its Marketing/Business Development Representative position in Baton Rouge.
The Marketing and Business Development Representative is responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of the Credit Union’s Marketing and Business Development strategic activities; including marketing plan, product development, community outreach, public relations, and communications. This person plans, directs, and coordinates marketing efforts focusing on driving brand awareness, market growth, member retention/acquisition, and SEG development. This person oversees all marketing activities including website management, media, social media, and digital marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all phases and execution of the credit union’s marketing strategic plan, branding, promotional communications, public relations and the overall growth.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing special / annual events, expos and seminars.
- Evaluates member needs and market trends; make recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Continuously research member needs through various avenues, such as member surveys and focus groups; Analyze and report on results.
- Manage vendor relationships for all phases of the production of marketing materials and events.
- Maintain an adequate supply of marketing materials, collateral and supplies.
- Assist in building the credit union’s growth, generating sales leads, and increasing profitability.
- Support the credit union’s advocacy strategy.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned. SEG Development:
- Serve as the primary liaison and contact for the credit union’s existing SEGs and maintain all facets of the relationship. Coordinate business development activities, including site visits and event participation.
- Develop, contact and visit prospective SEGs and members to present information on the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet members’ or SEGs’ needs. Community Involvement:
- Be a visible presence in the local community and sponsor community. Promote the credit union through visible participation in business, community, and charitable organizations and activities.
- Ensure that marketing outreach and business development programs effectively support the Credit Union’s strategic goals.
- Make presentations on financial services to groups to promote credit union products/services and financial education.
- Send Monthly e-Newsletters / email Blasts to membership.
- Help train staff in cross-selling and marketing techniques.
- Take photos during credit union events. Maintain photo and slide show for the credit union.
- Must comply with applicable policies, laws and regulations. Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or 2+ years of marketing and business development or related experience.
- General knowledge of credit union industry preferred, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service and sales culture.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations and comfortable with public speaking
Benefits include health, dental, and vision. Other benefits include PTO, 401k, and life insurance. Salary DOE. EOE.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.